Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:42 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: I also knew that numerous other runners complained
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:52 am 

In March I began exercising in Vibrams. I started out slowly and for the first 6 weeks I possessed no issues or complaints. My legs felt fine and I loved this 'feel' of the vibram five fingers womens. I became still not confident adequate to race in them (in fact, I haven't raced at all since March) and I also stayed away from longer mileage runs (5+ miles).

Then in mid-April I began to experience a 'pinching' sensation with my calf which will be followed by an most out spasm. I would rest a week and then try to run again only to own it happen again (and again, and again). Each time it would happen at a different mileage point within the run and would put an easy end to my training/running to the next week. I began resting regarding longer periods (2+ weeks) that's not easy for me (call me a running addict) but each time I tried to run it will happen again.

Finally inside July I called this quits, took a full thirty day period off and began receiving massage therapy for my calves. I got myself a new pair with running shoes (not minimalist) and started to run again (very slowly). I have been back at it for the past 4 weeks but vibram five fingers running only run twice 7 days and never farther than 5 miles at the same time. I am still VERY careful of how I run but until now have not had almost any calf issues (knock at wood).

Profile E-mail