Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:41 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Mets Matt Harveys agent reportedly disag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:56 am 
Advanced Member

The Mets and aceright-hander Matt Harvey have a math problem.Harvey (12-7, 2.60ERA)has pitched166 1/3 innings in helping New York tothe NL East lead in his first season back from Tommy John surgery. But, according to CBS Sports,Harvey's Carlos Gomez Jersey agent, Scott Boras, says his client is on a strict, doctor-imposed 180-inning limit, including the playoffs which looks like a good bet for the first-place Mets.MORE: Memorable Mets momentsHowever, general manager Sandy Alderson maintains that he's not going to let Boras determine who'll pitch when or how much for the Mets.Boras says he's only relaying doctors' orders."This is not a club's decision. This is a doctor's decision," Boras told CBS Sports. "Any club that chooses to defy a surgeon's wishes is putting the player in peril."Although the Metsplanto skip Harvey's spot in the rotation in September,Alderson seemed exasperated by the debate, claiming that the sides agreed in the spring that the innings limit was a "soft" number, CBS Sports reported. The GM saidthat he was caught off-guard by an email late last monthfrom Boras that as he is known to do is drawing a hard line."For a guy to say to us on the 29th of August '180 innings and then you're going to shut him down...' don't call me seven months later and tell me you're pulling the rug out from Joey Wendle Jersey under me, not after all we've done to protect the player," Alderson said.Boras' response:"There are no soft numbers" and "this is not a negotiation."Mets a sistant general manager John Ricco told reporters Friday evening that doctors have not given the team a number."We have not been given any kind of a hard cap," Ricco said, per ESPNNewYork.com. "They recommend. My experience has been, we work with the doctors, and we certainly listen to what they say, because they're the doctors. It's not my experience that I've ever heard of a doctor mandating a pitching limit."Harvey'snext scheduled start is Tuesday againstthe Nationals, who trail the Mets by six games in the NL East.

Profile E-mail